I gravitate towards different items each month. These are the items that I found myself reaching for a lot during the month of November.
I get asked frequently what the difference between tarot and oracle cards are. While there are some similarities, there are definite differences too. In this video I explain the key differences between tarot and oracle decks, how to store your decks, which decks you should start with and how you can continue your education on learning to read cards.
*This video was previously recorded on Facebook Live.
It’s so important to start your day off on the right foot. Taking a moment for yourself, gathering your thoughts and focusing your energy. For me, this means enjoying a cup of coffee while I read my cards for the day.
I love connecting with my cards. They really help me to see different areas I need to be focusing on or working on. It helps me figure out the overall energy or lesson of the day. I do a simple three card spread. Check out the details below.
I personally like to use tarot cards for the first two cards and an oracle card for the third card. But this spread can work with all tarot or all oracle cards. Do what feels right for you. I also like to write down my cards and my interpretation each day in a journal. It’s nice to be able to go back and look at what you’ve written. Noticing any trends or whatnot.
1. Less of. This card shows you what you currently need less of in your life. Whether it’s a direction you’re headed, the energy you’re putting out, the thoughts or feelings you have or the people and energy in your life.
2. More of. This card shows you what you need more of. Whether it’s a direction you should be going, the energy to send out, the thoughts or feelings you have or the people and energy in your life.
3. Overall. This card is the overall energy of the day, what you should be focusing on or a lesson you should learning.
- You could even do just a one card pull for the overall vibe or lesson of the day. I do this if I’m having a particularly busy morning.
As always, do what feels right to you. Tweak this spread to your liking. Always trust your intuition.
I love the ocean and mermaids. My soul feels at home when near the sea. Sadly, I don’t live near the sea, so I created this tarot spread to help tap into those energies.
The spread is three cards. And includes the following:
- Buried Treasure: What strength or talent of yours is currently hidden in the sand?
- Lighthouse: What will guide you to uncover your buried treasure?
- What message does your inner mermaid have for you?
If you give this spread a try, snap a pic and post on Instagram! Make sure to tag me @CheriseWilliams.xo
Deck pictured is The Witches Tarot.
The Enchanted Tarot deck has been around for quite awhile now. But it seems to be one of those decks that even though it’s been around for quite some time, not a ton of people know of it. Whenever I post a photo of one of the cards on my Instagram or Facebook pages, I get asked which deck it is. So I figured I would create a video and blog post all about the deck and how I personally use it, as I don’t use it for typical tarot reads. You can watch my video here.
The deck that I have and share with you here, is the original version of the deck. There are now a couple newer versions.
Head to Amazon to purchase the deck.