Making sure we have healthy boundaries in our lives is crucial. If we don’t have the proper boundaries in place, we can find ourselves feeling drained, resentful, and stressed.
Here are 7 tips on how you can easily set boundaries, both in practical situations as well as energetically.
- Literally speak it and claim it. Tell the Universe/God/Spirit, and yourself, what you’re willing to put up with and accept in your life and what you’re not willing to put up with.
- Listen to your needs and honor them.
- Visualize a protective bubble, wall, or barrier around yourself when going out into public or interacting with others.
- Notice energy you might be picking up on that isn’t yours, name it and then release it.
- Regularly cleanse your energy, whether by taking a cleansing shower or bath or by using essential oils and crystals.
- Say no to things more often. This doesn’t make you selfish and you don’t owe anyone an explanation.
- Remove yourself from people or places that drain you, or at the very least, limit your time in those situations.
For more detailed explanation and tips, check out the video below.
Much love to you!
Establishing a daily spiritual practice may seem like a daunting task to accomplish. I mean, we are busy as human beings. Jobs, family, responsibilities and more. But that’s all the more reason to start incorporating a daily spiritual practice into your life.
In Episode 2 of The Goddess Life Podcast we discuss the benefits of having a daily spiritual practice and why it’s important. We also talk about simple and easy things you can do for your spiritual practice. Spoiler alert! It doesn’t have to be time consuming or elaborate.
The Goddess Life Podcast is available on iTunes, Google Play and Podomatic.
In our list of day to day priorities, taking care of ourselves is usually on the bottom. If it even makes the list at all. For some reason we tend to view taking care of ourselves, doing something nice for ourselves, as being selfish or not a necessity.
But it is a necessity. It is a priority. It is not a selfish act.
If we don’t take time to nurture ourselves, we will eventually burn out. And once you’re burnt out and stressed out, how on earth can you possibly (successfully) take care of any other priorities that may be on your list?
So I propose a challenge. Some homework of sorts. I challenge you to do at least one thing today that is just for you. Because you deserve it!
Then, for fun, feel free to snap a pic of your self care and post it on Instagram and tag me @CheriseWilliams.xo so I can cheer you on!
I also challenge you to make your self care a priority each and every day! Start with a couple times a week if you must, and work your way up. Acts of self care don’t have to be time consuming, elaborate or money costing. Make your act of self care fit your life. Your soul. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Take a walk
- Eat a healthy snack
- Take a bubble bath
- Get a massage
- Write a poem
- Read a book
- Take yourself to the movies
- Buy yourself some flowers
- Visit the animals at a local shelter
- Go to the park
- Paint your nails
The list of possible ways to care for yourself are endless. How will you take care of yourself today?
What is it about our society that makes us feel like we can’t share our accomplishments with others? When we share what we are proud of in our lives, we shouldn’t be worried that someone will think we are full of ourselves or bragging. What about people supporting us? What do we do if we don’t have any support or people cheering us on? Check out my video to see.