Creating a sacred space doesn’t have to be stressful or super involved. You can easily create a simple sacred space with just a few items. Here are some of my tips on creating a simple, yet powerful, sacred space.
A sacred space can be something you set up and leave out all of the time or it can be something you put together just for the duration of your meditation or daily practice.
One of my favorite things to do is choose a few items each day to set out while I meditate. This way, my altar or sacred space is different each day, providing me with what I may need on that particular day.
- Choose a couple items that have special meaning to you. Perhaps a photo of a loved one, a rock you found on a hike, a feather, etc.
- Some people like to make sure all four elements are present in their sacred space: earth, air, fire and water. These can be represented by a stone (earth), incense (air), a candle (fire) and a small bowl of water or a seashell (water).
- Having a candle is helpful. Either a simple candle or a candle depicting a saint or deity of your choice.
- Having your sacred space high vibe and cleared of any unwanted energies is important. Using some sort of palo santo, sage or essential oils is a good practice to have.
- Placing a crystal in your sacred space can help boost your energy and intentions.
And there you have it! Nothing super fancy or elaborate but still very powerful and packed full of intention!
What are some of your favorites items to place in a sacred space?