Cypress 10 drops
Cypress is good for meditation to help you visualize what you desire. Cypress also grows in New Orleans with the beautiful moss hanging from it. Granted, the cypress this Oil is from isn’t the same genus as what grows in New Orleans, but still.
Myrrh 8 drops
Myrrh is a very spiritual Oil, and one of the reasons I want to go to New Orleans is for the spirituality and religion. Myrrh is also a great Oil for money and prosperity. Gotta have that cash flow to make it on my trip!
Cedarwood 3 drops
Cedarwood is helpful when creating sacred spaces, and New Orleans is definitely a sacred space. Also helpful with abundance.
I mixed these oils in a 10ml roller bottle topped off with fractionated coconut oil and also added in black obsidian and amethyst crystal chips.
Black obsidian to ground my dreams into reality and amethyst for spirituality and because it’s basically awesome in everything.
I also added in some dried Spanish moss. When I think of New Orleans I always envision the Spanish moss hanging from the trees.
I’ll be using this oil daily, especially during visualization. Whether it’s closing my eyes and meditating on being in New Orleans or while browsing the internet looking at New Orleans while envisioning and really feeling myself there.
You could use this technique for any trip you want to go! Simply mix in oils that resonate with the location for you!
Cedarwood Essential Oil Juniperus virginiana
- Clear negativity
- Can help increase psychic dreaming
- Promotes relaxation
- Repel insects
- Promotes clear and healthy skin
- Beneficial to massage into your muscles before exercising
- Relieve itching
- Relates to the sun and the element of fire
- Cleanse and protect
- Helps create sacred space
- Do not use if pregnant
- Do not use on children under age six
- Can possibly stimulate menstrual flow
Blends Well With…
- Clary Sage
Hello my love! Welcome to Witchy Wednesday. A new weekly segment where we discuss all things witchy. Tarot, spells, herbs, magick, gods & goddesses, myths and more. Today, I want to share with you the importance of choosing a specific color for your candle, depending on what type of spell or magick you’re working.
Check out the video and then scroll down for a list of candle colors I mention in the video.
Candle Colors and Their Meanings:
- White: Great all purpose candle, full moon, protection, purity and innocense
- Black: Banishing, removing something, getting rid of bad habits, and protection
- Red: Passion, energy, strength, sex, root chakra
- Pink: Compassion, romance, love (not just romantic or sexual love) and heart chakra
- Orange: Success, luck, business, courage, motivation, legal issues and sacral chakra
- Yellow: Confidence, mental & thoughts, travel, success and solar plexus chakra
- Green: Money, prosperity, fertility and growth
- Dark Blue: Dreams, psychic work, imagination and third eye chakra
- Light Blue: Meditation, peace, calm, communication and throat chakra
- Purple: Divination, spirituality, leadership, authority and crown chakra
- Gray: Neutral
- Brown: Home and animals
- Silver: Feminine energy, goddess and lunar
- Gold: Masculine energy, god and solar
I love protection powders. You can use them in many different ways. My favorite, and one of the most common ways, is to sprinkle the powder along the entryways to your home.
Here is a quick and easy way to make your own protection powder.
You will need:
- Egg shells
- Herbs with energetic protective properties
- Essential oils with energetic protective properties
- A container to store your powder
- First, make sure the egg shells you’re using have been cleaned well, rinsed and thoroughly dried. I rinse and clean mine immediately after cracking them and set them in a container in my windowsill to dry out. Once your egg shells are totally dried out, you can grind them to a powder. Some people use an electric coffee grinder. I used my trusty mortar and pestle.
- Choose your herb or herbs and grind those as well. I chose rosemary and sage as they are both very powerful protective herbs.
- Mix the herbs and egg shells together in your container. I used a small mason jar.
- At this point you can add a couple drops of essential oils if you wish. I used my own Protective Oil blend. It’s infused with oils, herbs and crystals. I sell it in my shop.
- And voila! Your protection powder is complete!
I call this a powder, but because I ground the herbs and shells by hand, it was a little more chunky than a soft powder (like baby powder for example). Whether your powder is fine or a little thicker is okay.
Take your powder and sprinkle a line of it across your entryway and even windowsills if you desire. As you do so, you can envision a barrier being put up. You can even say a few words or blessings as you sprinkle it.
How do you like to use your protection powder?
Quick Witchy Tip! In a pinch? Need a candle spell to work quick? Use birthday candles to work your magick!
Birthday candle are easily accessible and come in all sorts of colors. Perfect for candle spells!
Simply choose the color you want to work with (green for prosperity, blue for healing, red for love, etc) and start your spell!
You can even dress (anoint) the candle with oils and herbs as well.
Different colored candles represent different things. Depending on what type of magic you’re trying to work, this is something to take into consideration.
Today, let’s talk about blue Candle Magic. Blue candles represent the West direction and the element of water. Blue candles also correspond to the throat chakra. So if you want to work some magic or healing involving your fifth chakra, a blue Candle may be just what you need.
Here are some things blue candles represent that you may want to consider when working particular magic, spells or intentions.
- Psychic work.
- Calm and patience.
- Expressing thoughts.