After years of horrible periods and pain that eventually became part of my every day life, I was almost relieved to finally have an answer from the doctors. I most likely have endometriosis. Ok, great. I have a diagnosis of sorts, but now what? I went to a couple different doctors and they told me the same thing. Being on birth control was my only option to help control the endometriosis and pills were my only option for the pain.
I didn’t want to just take some pharmaceutical and call it a day. Not to mention, my body detests birth control. Even the low dose hormonal pills, my body (and mind) freak out. This just wasn’t going to be an option for me, personally.
I decided instead to incorporate holistic and natural modalities to my healing. Here is a list of some of the things I’ve incorporated into my life that have made a drastic improvement to my reproductive health. Please watch the YouTube video below, where I explain each of these in more detail.
- Serra Peptase
- Sacral Chakra work & healing
- Turmeric, the spice that gives curry it’s yellow color, isn’t just to make your food taste yummy. It has major health benefits too! It’s been used for thousands of years not just for food but for its medicinal purposes as well.
- The thing that makes turmeric so healing is a compound called curcumin. If taking turmeric as a supplement, make sure you get a supplement that includes turmeric root Curcuma longa as well as turmeric root extract.
- It’s important to note that curcumin on its own doesn’t absorb very well into the bloodstream. Curcumin is fat soluble, so make sure to take the supplement with a meal in order to properly absorb it into your bloodstream. You can also take the supplement within a drink called Golden Milk. Black pepper also helps the body to properly absorb curcumin, so you could always take a black pepper supplement with it or even just swallow a couple black peppercorns.
Now, on to the (proven) health benefits of turmeric!
- Natural anti-inflammatory. This makes it helpful in stopping pain associated with chronic inflammation conditions. Such as arthritis, migraines and endometriosis!
- It’s an antioxidant. Helps the body fight against free radicals which cause all sorts of havoc to the body.
- It’s been linked to improve brain function and lower risk of brain disease. It’s even been shown to help prevent Alzheimer’s as well as slow down the progression of the disease.
- Can lower your risk of heart disease
- Can help prevent and maybe even treat cancer! Studies have shown that curcumin can reduce the growth of cancer cells as well as inhibit the growth of tumors.
- Prevent and treat depression! Studies performed showed curcumin helps with depression.
As you can see, there are TONS of amazing reasons to use turmeric!
I feel I should mention that I am not a medical doctor. Please consult a physician for any health concerns. All information I’ve provided have been through my research in various books and information found online.