Creating a sacred space doesn’t have to be stressful or super involved. You can easily create a simple sacred space with just a few items. Here are some of my tips on creating a simple, yet powerful, sacred space.
A sacred space can be something you set up and leave out all of the time or it can be something you put together just for the duration of your meditation or daily practice.
One of my favorite things to do is choose a few items each day to set out while I meditate. This way, my altar or sacred space is different each day, providing me with what I may need on that particular day.
- Choose a couple items that have special meaning to you. Perhaps a photo of a loved one, a rock you found on a hike, a feather, etc.
- Some people like to make sure all four elements are present in their sacred space: earth, air, fire and water. These can be represented by a stone (earth), incense (air), a candle (fire) and a small bowl of water or a seashell (water).
- Having a candle is helpful. Either a simple candle or a candle depicting a saint or deity of your choice.
- Having your sacred space high vibe and cleared of any unwanted energies is important. Using some sort of palo santo, sage or essential oils is a good practice to have.
- Placing a crystal in your sacred space can help boost your energy and intentions.
And there you have it! Nothing super fancy or elaborate but still very powerful and packed full of intention!
What are some of your favorites items to place in a sacred space?
Hello my love! Welcome to Witchy Wednesday. A new weekly segment where we discuss all things witchy. Tarot, spells, herbs, magick, gods & goddesses, myths and more. Today, I want to share with you the importance of choosing a specific color for your candle, depending on what type of spell or magick you’re working.
Check out the video and then scroll down for a list of candle colors I mention in the video.
Candle Colors and Their Meanings:
- White: Great all purpose candle, full moon, protection, purity and innocense
- Black: Banishing, removing something, getting rid of bad habits, and protection
- Red: Passion, energy, strength, sex, root chakra
- Pink: Compassion, romance, love (not just romantic or sexual love) and heart chakra
- Orange: Success, luck, business, courage, motivation, legal issues and sacral chakra
- Yellow: Confidence, mental & thoughts, travel, success and solar plexus chakra
- Green: Money, prosperity, fertility and growth
- Dark Blue: Dreams, psychic work, imagination and third eye chakra
- Light Blue: Meditation, peace, calm, communication and throat chakra
- Purple: Divination, spirituality, leadership, authority and crown chakra
- Gray: Neutral
- Brown: Home and animals
- Silver: Feminine energy, goddess and lunar
- Gold: Masculine energy, god and solar
When people hear about spells, the first questions that usually pop into their mind are: Do spells really work and aren’t spells evil? I’m here today to answer both questions.
Are spells evil? The simple answer is, they can be. Spells are basically a super concentrated form of energy and intent. While energy on it’s own isn’t inherently good or bad, it really comes down to the person working the spell. If the persons intent is to cause harm, then yes, spells can be “evil”. However, if the persons intent is to do good, then no, the spell isn’t “evil”.
How do spells work? Again, it all comes down to energy. Everything in the Universe emits energy at different frequencies. When casting a spell, a person usually gathers several items that have the same energy as their desired outcome. For instance, when doing a love spell a person may use a pink candle, rose quartz, rose petals and rose essential oil. All of those items emit “love” energy. So, when pairing these tools that are an energetic match to your intention, you’re basically creating a big ball or bubble of concentrated energy and sending it out into the Universe. It’s intention on steroids 😉
Check out my YouTube video where I explain in more detail. Many blessings!
Different colored candles represent different things. Depending on what type of magic you’re trying to work, this is something to take into consideration.
Today, let’s talk about blue Candle Magic. Blue candles represent the West direction and the element of water. Blue candles also correspond to the throat chakra. So if you want to work some magic or healing involving your fifth chakra, a blue Candle may be just what you need.
Here are some things blue candles represent that you may want to consider when working particular magic, spells or intentions.
- Psychic work.
- Calm and patience.
- Expressing thoughts.