I thought it would be convenient to have a master list of books I recommend. This is not a complete list, and will be growing with time. Please feel free to check back every so often to see any new additions.
This list is of non-fiction books.
- Chakra Awakening by Margaret Ann Lembo
This book is amazing in regards to the chakras. It covers the chakras, crystals, oils, and more. I reference this book almost daily.
- The Crystal Healer by Philip Permutt
Great easy to access reference book! I highly recommend this book to any crystal lovers.
- The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals by Judy Hall
This is a bit detailed, but is full of color photos and lots of information.
- The Enclyclopedia of Crystals, Herbs & New Age Elements by Adams Media
This book covers so much information on crystals, oils and other healing modalities. Breaks it down and covers both physical and spiritual uses.
- The Second Book of Crystal Spells by Ember Grant
- Emotions & Essential Oils: A Modern Resource for Healing
If you’re looking for emotional healing with essential oils, then this book is for you. Super easy reference and wonderful.
- Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils
This book covers all you need to know about the physical and health uses of essential oils. It’s almost like an easy to read text book.
- Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent by Scott Cunningham
I love this book for when I need to reference the use of essential oils for magickal or ritual purposes. Great book.
- Aromatherapy For The Soul: Healing the Spirit with Fragrance and Essential Oils by Valerie Ann Worwood This book is absolutely amazing. Breaks down using essential oils to connect to your spiritual side. It’s written in a very clear way that easily combines science with Spirit.
- The Essential Guide to Aromatherapy and Vibrational Healing by Margaret Ann Lembo
- Essential Oils for Beginners by Althea Press
- Essential Oils Natural Remedies by Althea Press
- Aromatherapy and Vibrational Healing by Margaret Ann Lembo
Female Empowerment/Divine Feminine/Strong Women:
- Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Ph.D
I just can’t even say enough good things about this book. If you’re a woman you NEED to read this book. Heck, even if you’re a man, you need to read this. It is some DEEP stuff. Will really get you looking into your soul and empowering and connecting to your divine wild woman inside of you.
- Quotable Women: A Celebration
I’m a sucker for quotes. This book is full of great quotes by great women.
- Rise Sister Rise by Rebecca Campbell
- Start Where You Are by Meera Lee Patel
Great journal prompts!
- Instant Happy Journal by Karen Salmansohn
Easy daily journal prompts that get you to focus on the good in life.
Kids Books & Parenting:
- My First Little Workbook of Wicca by Rev. Velvet Rieth
A wonderful little workbook that teaches kids all the basics of being a lil witch.
- Gods and Goddesses from Greek Myths retold by Pat Posner
A colorful storybook that shares the famous Greek myths, kid style.
- Hand Writing Analysis: The Complete Basic Book by Karen Amend & Mary S. Ruiz
So much great info! This book has been in print for a loooooong time. And that’s because it’s that good. Great for beginners.
- The Dream Book: Dream Spells, Potions and Rituals by Gillian Kemp
This book is pretty neat! It has different spells, potions and rituals you can do involving your dreams.
- The Little Giant Encyclopedia of the Zodiac
Great book with info on both the western zodiac and the Chinese zodiac.
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind To Yourself by Kristin Neff, Ph.D
Easy to read but full of wonderfulness! Being kind to ourselves is crucial.
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
This book will get you to break out of your fears of living a creative life. Incredible.
- Find Your Happy: Daily Mantras by Shannon Kaiser
Omg, omg, omg. I can’t say enough good about this book! This book has 365 mantras (or affirmations). With each mantra Shannon shares a small paragraph talking about applying this to your life, she shares a prayer or meditation in regards to the mantra and also a question that can be used as a daily journal prompt. It’s amazing. You need it.
- Change Me Prayers by Tosha Silver
This is one of those books that you can reference each day or as needed. I like to flip the book open to a random page and receive the guidance written there, for that day.
- Miracles Now: 108 Life-Changing Tools by Gabrielle Bernstein
Another one of those books that I like to read one “tool” each day (or a couple times a week) and apply it to my life. Excellent and practical.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Duh, it’s a classic for a reason.
- Light is the New Black by Rebecca Campbell
AH! LOVE THIS BOOK! Makes you feel so good and empowered and ready to step into your freaking light!
- Awakening The Heroes Within: Twelve archetypes to help us find ourselves and transform our world by Carol S. Pearson
Healing and Alternative/Natural Health:
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
Healing your life with your thoughts. Great stuff.
- Nutrition: An Applied Approach by Janice Thompson and Melinda Manore
Interested in nutrition and how to best use it to heal your life? This book breaks it alllllll down. Textbook style.
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing: A Practical A to Z Reference to Drug Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC
This book is AMAZING! Basically covers anything and everything in regards to healing naturally. If you’re wanting to have a natural life and healing, this is for you.
- Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine by David Hoffmann, FNIMH, AHG
More of a textbook, but FULL of information on using herbs to heal.
- The Tapping Solution: A revolutionary system for stress-free living by Nick Ortner This book breaks down the steps to tapping and how it works. Gives excellent examples of how to apply it to your life.
Spirituality, Religion and Witchcraft:
- Ascension: Connecting with the Immortal Masters and Beings of Light by Susan Shumsky, DD
- The Soul Searchers Handbook by Emma Mildon
This book really has it all! If you’re wanting a reference for everything spiritual (mind, body & spirit), you need this book.
- Buddhist Inspirations by Tom Lowenstein
Great little book all about the history of Buddhism and what it is.
- Wicca: A Year and a Day by Timothy Roderick
Even if you don’t do each activity each day, this is still a great book to help you incorporate more witchy spiritual into your life.
- Encyclopedia of Wicca & Witchcraft by Raven Grimassi
Exactly like it says. Full of anything and everything Wicca and witchcraft.
- Tao Te Ching: A New English Version by Stephen Mitchell
The tao te ching is classic. This book is one I like to pull out, flip to a page and use the wisdom within to apply to my life.
- Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer by Gregg Braden
excellent read. Really gets you thinking about life and how to incorporate prayer, regardless of your religion.
- The Energy of Prayer by Thich Nhat Hanh
explains really well how prayer truly is a form of energy and can be used by anyone to positively impact their life.
- Sacred Ceremony: How to create ceremonies for healing, transitions and celebrations by Steven Farmer, Ph.D
Excellent read! Explains very easy and understandable ways to create ceremony big and small for many different occasions.
- The Green Wiccan Herbal: 52 Magical herbs, plus spells and witchy rituals by Silja Wonderful reference to various herbs and their magical uses. Even goes into how to plant, grow and harvest herbs and the history of herbs and herbal healing.
- Wicca: A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Wonderful book on learning to be a solitary Wiccan.
- Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook by Denise Alvarado
This book goes into a bit of the history of Voodoo and hoodoo, has tons of recipes and spells and traditional hoodoo ingredients
- Illuminata: A Return to Prayer by Marianne Williamson
- Moon Spells by Diane Ahlquist
- Moonology by Yasmin Boland
- Guide to the World’s Supernatural Places by Sarah Bartlett
- The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead by Gordon Melton
- The World of the Unexplained: An Illustrated Guide to the Paranormal by Janet and Colin Bord
Tarot & Psychic Growth
- Idiot’s Guides: The Tarot by Avia Venefica
I still reference this book if I get stuck on a card or reading (hey, it happens!). It’s a great book for beginners and experienced readers.
- Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners by Joan Bunning
Lots of info!
- The Natural Psychic by Ellen Dugan
Covers the various types of physic powers (the “Clairs”), very well! Great explanations of the different types of psychics and how to figure out which ones you are.