When working magick and spells or preparing for a ritual or ceremony, working with similar Correspondances can really amp up the energy of your working. In this post, I will share with you Correspondances that correlate with the moon.
The cycles of the moon play a big factor in it’s energy. While I’m a big believer that magick and ritual can be performed at any moon phase, there’s nothing wrong with waiting until the moon is in a particular phase before conducting your ceremony or spell.
- Waxing Moon is when the moon is getting larger. This is the time after the new moon and prior to the full moon. This is a good energy for thing you want to increase in your life (think money, love, job).
- Waning Moon is when the moon is getting smaller. After the full moon and before the new moon. This is good energy for things you want to remove from your life. Things like bad habits, or even people.
- Full Moon is a very powerful energy. It really amplifies any workings making them stronger. This is also a good time to begin to think of things you need to release from your life.
- New Moon energy is good for planning what you’d like to bring into your life. What do you really want to manifest?
While the moon does travel through each of the zodiac signs every couple of days, the moon is connected to the Cancer zodiac sign. When the moon is in this sign, the energy is doubly amplified.
Here are some basic Correspondances for the moon:
- The element of water
- Moonstone and selenite crystals
- Sandalwood, jasmine and lemon essential oils
- Psychic work
- Feminine energy