Holding ceremony for yourself at important times of your life is important. It doesn’t have to be a lavish ceremony or anything. Just a little something special for you to mark the occasion.
Here is a small birthday ceremony and tarot spread you can try on your next birthday.
- Light a white candle
- Clear your aura and space with some sage or palo santo
- Read your tarot cards (with the spread below or one of your choosing)
- After the reading, jot down any thoughts or feelings that came up.
- Sit in quiet meditation and review your year, the good and the not so good.
- Come up with one thing you’re thankful for. Sit with this feeling for a bit.
- Come up with one thing you’d like to release or leave behind in the coming year.
- Write this down on a small piece of paper.
- Practicing fire safety, burn this piece of paper and envision what you’re releasing being released within the smoke.
And that’s it! Maybe end your ceremony with a relaxing lavender bath and head to bed.
Here is the birthday Spread:
- What was your main lesson from the previous year?
- What lesson can you expect this coming year?
- What birthday message does your younger self have for you?
- What birthday message does your Spiritual Team have for you?
- What is something you should focus on in the coming year?
I hope you enjoy your birthday reading and ceremony!